Monday, February 10, 2020

Day 2: Drive Nairobi- Tenwek

I'm late on this bc I've not had any outgoing gmail. My new friend in Tenwek IT had phone all day and is close to a solution. Today's posts will be due to his very diligent help.  

I am having to rewrite four days so the posts won't be as entertaining, grammatically correct or with perfect punctuation as their original plan format. That's my excuse for today. 

The drive here was interesting. Samaritan's Purse has great drivers that shuttle people to and from Tenwek in a van. Four and a half hours of bumping, accelerating, decelerating, swerving to miss potholes, other vehicles, pedestrians and donkeys and goats. Thankfully I wasn't behind the wheel or we'd have been in a real jam within first five minutes. 
Yep- saw baboons and zebra on the drive!

Arrived to a warm welcome at Tenwek and settled into our apartment attached to Beth and Russ Whites house. It's cozy and near the short tempers guest apartment building and dining room. 
We were treated to dinner with the Whites and two other guests and retired adjusting to jet lag    
Hoping to add photos below (they were supposed to be in with text)(grrr)

1 comment:

  1. Yes that drive is super tenuous! Did you stop at the overlook of Rift Valley? Great pics of baboon and zebras!
    And give Beth and Russ big hugs from me!! They were just finishing that apartment and I “helped” by ironing some curtains. I can totally picture you there... next to the basketball pavilion!! ��
    I also saw Andrea at church yesterday and she was heading out today to get back to Tenwek.

    ReplyDelete